tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 23 01:28:17 2002

Re: Agnieszka (Re: Viktor)

ghItlh Viktor:

>Olomouc veng vIDab. Sum Poland Sep.
>Tao Te Chinglij laD. QaQ!
Typo, capital *I*: *Ching*lIj.
With no prefix, {laD} is "he reads it".
I think you like to say "I read it", that's with the prefix for "I-him/her/it" {vI-}:
  {*Tao Te Ching*lIj vIlaD}

>tlhIngan Hol jatlh vIneH
same as above, prefix {vI-}:
  {tlhIngan Hol vIjatlh vIneH}

>vIparHa' 'ej maghom vItul.

TKD 6.2.5
"Klingon has two special pronouns, {'e'} and {net,} which refer to the previous sentence as a whole.
They are used primarily, not exclusively, with verbs of thinking or observation (such as <know, see>).
They are always treated as the object verb, and the verb always takes a prefix indicating a third-
person singular object."

{maghom} is the "sentence-as-object" of {vItul}, so you need the {'e'}. It's only with the verb {neH}
"want" that you don't need it.
   {maghom 'e' vItul}

>'a Saarbrucken qepHom vISuch vISovbe'
same:
   {qepHom vISuch 'e' vISovbe'}
(although this means "I don't know that I visit the qepHom")

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH

Back to archive top level