tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 18 12:00:53 2002

Re: tugh qaS qepHomwIj

DloraH wrote:
>>I believe he is describing taking a picture with a camera. (pa' Hurgh rur...)

taD:
>Ahh, DaH vIyaj. I was imagining stamps being moistened by a cucumber-shaped
>sponge. :-)

Oh, yes, now I see what you mean. I didn't notice that both {pa'} and {Hurgh} have two meanings when I
wrote it.
I know some people who had problems with this word. They wanted to translate "dark thing" into
klingon, and came up (in the wrong word order) with {Hurgh Doch}. This means "the thing is dark", or
even worse: "the thing of the cucumber"!

just a general advice ;-)

Quvar
  ghojwI'pu'li' tISaH.

Back to archive top level