tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 27 07:59:46 2002

Re: KLBC - muD DaHjaj

> >SISlI' je peDlI' DaHjaj.
> >Today it is raining and snowing.
> sentences are connected with {'ej}, nouns are joined with {je}.
>     DaHjaj SISlI' 'ej peDlI'

TKD tells us:

  {-lI'} <in progress>

  This suffix is similar to {-taH} <continuous> in that it indicates
that an activity is ongoing. Unlike {-taH,} however, {-lI'} implies
that the activity has a known goal or a definite stopping point.
In other words, it suggests that progress is being made toward
that goal.
<<<

So it seems a bit odd to say SISlI' and peDlI'.   Perhaps at a ski slope where
they have snow making machines it is possible to peDlI'.

> >(By) ramjep, DuH wej (inches) SIS yav.
> "when midnight happens, perhabs it measures one 'uj"

Visit my website for a conversion table for [Kg-lbs-cheb]/[cm-in-'uj].
http://www2.rpa.net/~cheesbro
more specifically:  http://www2.rpa.net/~cheesbro/cheb-uj.htm

DloraH

Back to archive top level