tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 20 10:52:40 2002

QI'lop? *Qetlop*?? *Ke'Plak*???

Quvar:
> > At the last *Qetlop* we celebrated in our Klingon club [...]

SuStel:
>QI'lop 'oH lop pong'e', qar'a'?

I don't think we've ever seen an "official" spelling for this holiday,
mentioned in "Power Klingon", but since it's the holiday honoring the
Klingon military {QI'}, spelling it {QI'lop} "military celebration" seems
obvious.

Note, this is still a guess of Michael Dorn's pronunciation.  I've also
seen the holiday referred to as *Ke'Plak* (!) and celebrated (I'm told) on
October 15 in Klingon fandom.

BTW:  Anyone know why they chose October 15th?

--
Voragh                            "All the meaning is in the context."
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons           (Ilya Kabakov, Russian artist)

Back to archive top level