tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 19 22:11:58 2002

RE: QeD De'wI' ngermey

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, DloraH wrote:
> PK implies that tagh is intransitive.

Hmm, I'll have to listen to it again.  Is there a particular phrase I
should listen for?

> For your idea of "after"...
> taghpu'DI' mu'qaD veS, QInvam vIlaD.
> When the curse warfare had completed starting, I read the message.
> "had completed starting" = "after it has started"
>
> As for your attempt with -be'...
> jIlaDbe'pa' - before I do not read
> jIlaDpa'be' - not before I read.   Hmm, this sounds kind of weird.

Wierd good or wierd bad?  :)

DOH!  I just noticed, in the description of Rovers, they "can come just
about anywhere except after a Type 9 suffix (TKD, p46), so the point is
moot...  (And you didn't catch that?  For shame!  ;)

The real solution is really just to flip the clause, since, for the most
part "x is before y" is effectively the same as "y is not before x".

{ QInvam vIlaDbe' taghpa' mu'qaD veS }
"I did not read this message before the curse warfare was initiated."
(I moved the clause to the right to avoid butting the nouns together)

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
                             "Qapla'!"

Back to archive top level