tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 19 19:42:10 2002

Fwd: Hol pIq (was RE: QeD De'wI' ngermey)

>  (which IMHO seems
>particularly unnecessary, considering that once you have words for
>"finger", "thumb" and "toe", you could easily use ordinals for further
>identification with little loss.

ghunmeH Hol 'oHbe' tlhIngan Hol'e' jay'. Hol 'IHmoH nItlh mu'meyvetlh. They
are such fun to use, and push you to think in   Klingon.

>MO is producing brand new words
>for us, rather than overloading existing words.

Not true.  We have a lot of new meanings to existing words.  You just
haven't been around long enough to watch words develop in meaning.  How
about Do' Qe', the three meanings of jIH, magh, bol, chel, ruQ.  In fact,
almost every time Okrand creates a phrase, he give us a subtly different
meaning of some word.

Back to archive top level