tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 19 08:19:29 2002

Re: Hol pIq (was RE: QeD De'wI' ngermey)

From: "...Paul" <[email protected]>
> One unfortunate pattern I'm seeing is that MO is producing brand new words
> for us, rather than overloading existing words.  The mathematical words
> are interesting, and better yet, a logical extension of the existing body
> of words.  The other words look more like they were generated by a random
> consonant-vowel-consonant generator...

You're not looking at them carefully enough.  Virtually all new words that
Okrand makes up are jokes of some kind.  The finger words and toe words and
bird words are all jokes, for instance.  /Hutvagh/ is not only a joke, it's
a religious epiphany to those of us who travel in the northeastern United
States!

SuStel
Stardate 2884.6

Back to archive top level