tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 18 13:31:35 2002

Re: Klingon WOTD: qawmoH (v)

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 [email protected] wrote:
> > >    tuQtaHvIS Hem. ghaHvaD quHDaj qawmoH.
> > >    He wears it proudly as a reminder of his heritage. S20
> >
> > Whoa, did anyone catch this application of direct object/indirect object
> > with qawmoH?  I just saw this in the thread on Complex Sentences,
> > using this exact example:
>
> But see how you are changing the definition from "remember" to "be remembered".
> With "remember" the subject is doing the action.
> With "be remembered" the subject is receiving the action.

Qu'vatlh.  I could've sworn I saw the definition of qaw as "be remembered"
somewhere.  Ne'ermind.  :P  "My bad".  ;)  Here I thought I was on to
something.

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
                     "Isis! Isis! Ra! Ra! Ra!"

Back to archive top level