tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 18 12:03:04 2002

Re: qaStaH nuq?

> > For all the vocabulary you need TKD, KGT (which you
> > have) and The New Words List which can be found on
> > the KLI's website. The New Words List are the words
> > we got from Okrand that are not in either TKD or
> > KGT.
>
>      I could not find the dictionary part of the KGT.

Huh?  The back half of the book.

> > That class I gave at Dover Con covered
> > pronunciation.  :) I know you were at that con.
>

>      I didn't attend the class. I had my Klingon
> wedding and House Ki'RK graduation during 2001 Dover
> to worry about. During 2002 Dover, I got legally
> married.

I remember it.

>      I don't have that kind of time. I am active in
> several Star Trek clubs, my Loyal Order of Moose
> Lodge, Legion, and District, plus a full time job and
> wife to please. In January, I start work on my MBA.
> I don't have time to worry about thlingan Hol.

I do understand that some people do not have sufficient time for the klingon
language; but just for the sake of arguement... I have my Army duty, a civilian
job, web programming on the side, a wife, a son, learning another earth
language, and other "normal" hobbies.

> > > I may just resign as linguist because of the
> > > extreme difficulty of this latest task from
> > > the CO.
> >
> > No, don't do that.
>

>      Why not? If I cannot perform my duties as
> linguist in a reasonable amount of time, I should
> resign, right?
>

> > DloraH, 'utlh
>

>      Didn't you also attend Praxis '99 and Empire
> Union 2001?

Yes I did.

> Here is what I have to translate: Way too much for a beginner.
>
> We summon the Klin spirits of blood and fire
> to lead us into honorable battle.
> We summon the souls of our ancestors
> so they may gather in our hearts to show their
> bravery.
> We ask them to vanquish our enemies
> as they would vanquish us.
> If we cannot be victorious
> We beseach they allow us to die with
> swords in our hands and songs on lips
> so we may join them in the royal halls of Sto-vo-kor
> Allow us not to die alone but with our brothers so
> we may drink the blood drawn from our enemies
> and live forever.

DloraH

Back to archive top level