tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 22 00:33:07 2002

Re: [KLBC] SISpu'

> >From: "Captain Krankor" <[email protected]>
> >> It is interesting, though, that this is the one area that breaks the
> >> fundamentally phonetic nature of the writing system; I don't know anyone
> >> who, in actual practice, pronounces doubled consonants differently from
> >> single ones.  Indeed, we have the conanical example of toDuj and toDDuj
> >> being pronounced identicaly.
>
> [I'll have to find and check my tape of ST3, but I don't think the words
> are "identical" between the two takes of the scene.]
>
> ja' SuStel:
> >I do!  I pronounce doubled consonants longer than single consonants.  I can
> >easily tell the difference, spoken, between /toDuj/ and /toDDuj/.
>
> nIvqu' SuStel QIch, SuStel teS je.

vaj loQ vuDwIj vIchoH.  nIvHa' teSwIj 'e' chIDwI' wa'DIch jIH.
QIchmeyvam pImmoHlaw'taH nuvpu' 'ej vIQoybe'taH.  SuStel, ghunchu'wI',
pImmoHbogh latlhpu' je vInaDbej.  'ach jIghelnIS:  motlh'a' ghu'vam
pagh qub'a'?  pImmoH jatlhwI'pu' 'ar?

        --HoD taHqeq

Back to archive top level