tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 12 04:22:42 2002

RE: help with "Floreat Majestas"

Ok, that makes sense now.
trying to wrap my mind around the concepts.

Concepts around    my mind   trying to wrap
Ideas    surround  my mind   trying [to] grasp

qechmey  Dech      yabwIj    nIDtaH  'uch

I don't know what to do with the [to] is it implied?

you-want-it?

>And translates like this:
>
>marqoS, when you err, do you want me to point out the minor mistakes?
>
>Incidentally, the minor mistake in question - at least the closest one
>to Krankor's query - was using wI- to mean "we (do something to) them".
>For most subjects, the verb prefix for doing something to "them"
>is the same as the prefix for doing something to "him" or "her" or
"it",
>but one of the exceptions is when the subject is "we".
>The prefix "wI-" is only usable with a singular object; if the object
>is plural, the prefix has to be "DI-".
>
>-marqoS

Back to archive top level