tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 02 23:59:12 2002

Re: qep'a'

ja' Wolf Anglemyer <[email protected]>:
>If someone wanted to hold a qep'a'  how would one goe about it.Deghnegh.

The term {qep'a'} is generally understood as referring to the Klingon
Language Institute's annual conference.  Thus one would go about holding
one by becoming Director of the KLI, or by working closely with the
Director, and arranging many details with a hotel and/or conference center.
:-)

If you just wanted to host a smaller event for a group of people interested
in the Klingon language, you can do that however you want.  The typical
term for such an informal meeting is {qepHom}.  If you want more
information on holding a qepHom, check out
http://www.netusa1.net/~caanders/host-qephom.html (yes, lowercase h) or
contact me directly for details.  In the meantime, see
/stuff/qepHom.html for a list of upcoming qepHommey.

(The list includes one I'm holding this Sunday afternoon.  If you can make
it to north central Indiana, please drop in!)

--
  Alan Anderson, professional programmer and amateur Klingonist
      qepHom coordinator for the Klingon Language Institute

Back to archive top level