tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 01 09:01:11 2002

Re: Re: Translation request- KLBC

> Is {pelaD} a boo boo?  DloraH  used it in each of his 3 sentances.
> What is the translation and/or difference in {pelaD and yIlaD} ?

The prefix pe- is for when address multiple people... when there is no object.
yI- is:
singular, no object;
singular, single third person object;
and plural, single third person object.

I used the wrong one.  I will take my three lashings at qep'a'... you WILL be
there won't you?  :P

> ...Thus why I mentioned 'also' &  'as well as' for alternatives
> for 'ej or qoj (am I making sence?)

I understand.
I too felt that je wasn't really needed, just like the english wasn't clear as
to which meaning.  But adding je would make it clear.  So it's up to you;
without je matches the english, with je makes it clear that each site contains
all of the qualities, not just one, or more, of the qualities.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level