tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 23 03:00:37 2002

RE: KLBC: {-be'}

jatlh DloraH:

>Your understanding of -be' is correct.  As the examples on p46 show:
>choHoHvIpbe' - the -vIp is what's negated.
>choHoHbe'vIp - the HoH is what's negated.

vaj <<-be'>> law' wIlo'laH'a'? jIchup:

choHoHvIpbe' - you are not afraid to kill me
choHoHbe'vIp - you are afraid to not kill me (chaq "You are afraid to leave
me alive" lo'laH'a' vay'?)

DaH chonnaQwIj vIchup: <<choHoHbe'vIpbe'>> ("You are not afraid to leave me
alive") lo'laH'a' vay?

In that case, can we use multiple instances of <<-be'>>? For example, can we
use <<choHoHbe'vIpbe'>> "you are not afraid to leave me alive (viz. not kill
me)"?

Qapla' 'ej Satlho'

ro'Han

"This kingdom thou shalt not take for thine own, wrongfully; for many others
have laboured here no less than thou." - John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, The
Ainulindale Silmarillion