tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 12 19:10:02 2002

Re: jIH vIchuHlu' - Words mentioned earlier but not in the

lab SoberAlien

>I asked about the word "vetted" earlier, and got definitions from qe'San,
>who is from the UK, and Qov, who is from Canada, who both essentially said
>it meant "authorize". I'm American, and I had asked a couple other
>Americans about the word -- one didn't know what it meant, and the other
>thought it simply meant "examine". If I'm not mistaken, ghunchu'wI' is
>American too.

I didn't mean to define it as authorize.  I suppose by following up to that
definition with an origin I appeared to second it.  I would say that it
means, "examine for defects" or "examine to verify something is as
represented."

Back to archive top level