tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 12 09:30:18 2002

Re: KLBC: Higher numbers

> ... on the Bird of Prey poster:
> {wejvatlh SochmaH vagh SaD cheb'a'mey ngI' Duj}
>
> Is he saying "The ship weighs 375,000 {cheb'a'}s" ?
>
> If the number is 375,000, doesn't TKD indicate that the number phrase
> should be {wejbIp Sochnetlh vaghSaD} ?

hmm, yes, you are correct... but maybe they're as relaxed with number forming
words as we are.  In (American) English, eleven hundred is the same as one
thousand one hundred.  We have also seen MO use numbers without the placement
terms, usually (always?) in stardates, wa' Hut Hut chorgh.  Is MO now
saying "oops" when he reads your message, or has he always thought "yah, you
can do it either way."?

> Another question: do we really have no number-forming elements higher
> than 'million'-- {'uy'} ?

I'm very certain that klingon has such words... we just don't know them yet.

> BTW- I'm not going to ask anyone to add {cheb'a'} to the new words list

It's not in there?  Hmm, I don't see it on my NWlist but I do have it in my
other notes.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level