tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 09 19:17:10 2002

RE: ghojmoH

> I'll teach you a new word.
>
> mu' chu' DaSovmeH qaghojmoH. (I'll teach you, for you to know a new word.)
> mu' chu' DaSovmeH jIghojmoH. (I'll teach, for you to know a new word.)
> mu' chu' DaghojmeH qaghojmoH. (I'll teach you, for you to learn a new
word.)
> mu' chu' DaghojmeH jIghojmoH. (I'll teach, for you to learn a new word.)
> qaghojmoH 'ej vaj mu' chu' Daghoj. (I'll teach you and then
> you'll learn a new word.)
> mu' chu' Daghoj 'e' vIqaSmoH. (I'll cause you to learn a new word.)
> mu' chu' Daghoj 'e' vIra'. (I'll force you to learn a new word.)
> SoHvaD mu' chu' vIghojmoH. (I'll teach a new word for you.)

Most of these do work, but we don't know for sure how a klingon would say
it.  With these sentences he would understand you, but he might wonder what
corner of the galaxy you're from... or maybe not; we don't know.

Some people will offer the "sash" method, but I've seen a lot of controversy
over that.

Another method that we see used in other examples, which you came quite
close to, is multiple sentences.  The way I would write it is -
qaghojmoH.  mu' chu' Daghoj.
"I will cause you to learn.  You will learn a new word."

Also, ghojmoH is listed as "teach" to help you find it.  It's really ghoj
"learn", with -moH "-cause".  "cause to learn".

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level