tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 02 15:59:47 2002

bID (was Re: yaywIj yIngaq!)

Will:
>I don't think we've ever had {bID}'s use clarified. Likely you are right, but
>when I actually try to use {bID}, especially in combination with other number
>words, I find myself quickly humbled.

SuStel:
>I don't have the relevant text in front of me, but I'm pretty sure we've
>seen it on the Bird of Prey poster.

  cha' choQmey naQ tu'lu' 'ej tep choQ bIngDaq lo' law' bID choQ tu'lu'

The relevant words are {lo' law' bID choQ} "half utility deck".  This isn't
obviously a count *or* a fraction usage in the manner of {Hoch}.  It's just
using "half" as a description of the kind of deck

As for any sort of numberlike usage of {bID}, here are no clues for us
here.  In fact, the previous line on the Bird of Prey poster is this:

  cha' vI' vagh choQmey lutoghlu'

This is a perfect opportunity to ask, "How do you use {bID} as a number?"
The answer appears to be a simple, "You don't."

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level