tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 02 07:54:56 2002

inaccurate but never approximate (was RE: yaywIj yIngaq!)

Will:

>>That's an interesting idea, [...]
>>but then that would violate the whole "inaccurate, but not approximate"
>>advice.

>It still bothers me some. I really think Okrand tossed off >the
>"inaccurate, >>but never approximate" joke just so he'd never have to deal
>with this. He doesn't want to work with the grammar or idiom needed to make
>things approximate, so he just declares that it is against cultural
>convention to be approximate.

rut tlhochchuq *cultural conventions*.
Didn't Okrand list (in "Power Klingon") *accuracy* as one of the four main
ideals of "acceptable Klingon conduct", which can be conveyed though
language?

'ISqu'