tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 24 20:23:50 2002

RE: KLBC RE: chu' jiH

> wej HoghvaD tlhInan Hol vIHaDtaH.

-vaD is "for" as in "the beneficiary/recipient of the action".

The "for" here is meaning "during the duration of".  For this we would use
/qaStaHvIS/.

qaStaHvIS wej Hogh...
"During three weeks..."

You are certainly doing well for only three weeks worth; so frankly, I don't
believe you.  :)

> "The Klingon Dictionary",
> "Klingon for the Galactic Travaler", "The Klingon Way" je vIghaj.

For a complete vocabulary you will also want the New Words List at the KLI
website.  This includes words that are not found in TKD (The Klingon
Dictionary) or KGT (Klingon for the Galactic Traveler).
/tlh/newwords.html
Also, don't forget to look in the addendum at the rear of TKD; so that means
you have four places to look for words.

> DaH "Massachusetts"Daq jIH, 'ach tugh "Callifornia"Daq jIH

These sentences are correct; FYI we also have the word  Dab "reside in,
dwell at".

We have a couple people in Mass.  I could mention that we have some in Calif
also, but that's a big state.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level