tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 17 03:14:38 2002

Re: the banned book

i got a copy of that book a few years ago, and man did it take an effort!!
Cost me a bit too, as the $AUS -- $US exchange rate was terrible at the
time.
It was an interesting book (being unofficial and all) and the martial
programme it purported is quite invigorating.  It takes a bit to get used to
some of the stances (particularly if you already have a grounding in martial
arts), but raises a few eyebrows in practice.
When done fluently and comprehensively i found it to be a great physical
workout for the upper torso, shoulders, and arms.

Some advice though: in initial practices, avoid using a metallic bat'leH -
you WILL hit yourself, and blunt or not, you can easily draw blood if it
hits you the "wrong" way!!

M2cW.

--DantlhIgh