tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 15 07:36:26 2002

RE: words for edit image

>I'm no expert in languages, but trying to THINK IN the new language
>rather than TRANSLATE TO the new language is always the better approach
>for true understanding.

While this is true, I don't think it is a helpful piece of advice for
beginners.  They definitely have to start by translating to Klingon (or any
language).  Thinking in comes when you're good at a language.  How do you
get good?  By practicing.  How do you practice?  By translating your ideas.