tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 10 09:52:29 2002

hello (Re: Re: cha'DIch KLBC rI')

> >> nuqneH tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI'pu'!
> >> Hello Klingon language speakers!
> >
> >nuqneH does not mean "hello".  It is a question meaning "What do you
> want?".
>
> >What would you use in lieu of hello? rI' (hail) was my idea
> >I think Klingon really needs something along these lines.
>
> What about "qavan" when adressing a single person? I think it s quite
> fitting to start a conversation - of course you ll have to be careful,
> so that it does not "look" ironic.

And why do you salute this person?  Are they your superior?  Did they just
perform some great act of honor?

> I think it s quite fitting to start a conversation

To start a conversation, just simply start the conversation.  That is the
polite thing to do.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level