tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 09 00:20:08 2002

Re: vajHom

I'm not going to answer the whole question, because there are aspects of it
that I should leave to the BG.  I'm just going to throw in my interpretation.

The best translation I can think of for vajHom would be "squire" -- in its
historical meaning of assistant and apprentice to a knight.  It could refer
to anyone who was like a warrior, but it some way less important, or less
significant.  The mini-me version of a warrior, if you've seen Austin Powers.

The old postal course (from about 1996) had some errors in this,
translating ghopHomDu' as "little hands" when cillia or stumps or feelers
might be more appropriate.

But I wouldn't argue too much with your friend if he wants to use that as a
name.    Names are names, and it's best to smile and nod.  It's easier to
get someone to learn Klingon if you don't start by telling them they're wrong.

Back to archive top level