tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 29 16:28:16 2002

RE: -lu' and -be', small aside on Paul Simon

Voragh wrote:
> >   SuvwI'pu' qan tu'lu'be'
> >   There are no old warriors. TKW
>
> > Note that {tu'lu'} "there is, there are" is a bit irregular.
> > The above TKW example is the only example we have of a
> > negated {tu'lu'}.

pagh:
>I remember a toast from CK: <QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj> - "May your
>coordinates be free of tribbles.

batlh cholughmoHpu'.  (I stand corrected.)  For some reason I didn't have
that one listed with the other {tu'lu'} examples, although it actually
comes from the example toasts in "Power Klingon".

Interesting, that this example follows the usual order {-be'lu'}.  This
really shows how irregular {tu'lu'} can be -- unless you want to analyze it
as part of the odd toasting syntax.

The TKW {-lu'be'} example is still unique, however.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level