tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 26 11:36:04 2002

Re: ST: Insurection

naHQun asks:
>In Star Trek:  Inserection, Worf gives us the words for both a Klingon
>pimple, and a word that Picard says roughly translates into 'puberty'.
>
>Do any of ya'll know what it was exactly that Michael Dorn said (or was
>trying to say)?

WORF: "Accelerated hair growth is often experienced by Klingons during
*jak'tahla*."

PICARD: "Roughly translated 'puberty'. Although for a Klingon, that
scarcely does it justice."

Klingons also experience severe mood swings, unusual aggressive tendencies
and the occasional *gorch* [pimple]. Worf also had the odd craving for the
blood of a live *kolarr* beast. (ST: Insurrection)

(N.B. These are not Okrandian tlhIngan Hol words, but what we on the list
call "Paramount Hol".)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons