tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 26 07:43:51 2002

chan-tIng-'ev vs. mao-wei-hai

In a message dated 2002-07-26 2:09:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> 12 is in the direction of 'ev?
> Does 1 point north?

yes, the first earthly branch is due north, and the 12 branches divide the
circle into 12 even sections, so although i didn't round it off, 8 and 12
still don't quite coincide with tIng and 'ev.

> I'm sure you simply rounded these off to the nearest "branch", but for those
>
> that are not familiar with the klingon, the three sections of chan-'ev-tIng
> are
> not equal in size.  The 'ev-tIng section is slightly smaller than the other
>
> two.

i had forgotten the disparate size of the 'ev-tIng section.
china is the middle kingdom in chinese.  it's sometimes seen that way in
english, too.

thanks for correcting my mistakes.  alas, the original question remains:  has
anyone mentioned the earthly branches here before in relation to the klingon
directions?

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level