tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 24 13:49:09 2002

Re: Klingon WOTD: qaw (v)

>Klingon word:   qaw
>Part of Speech: verb
>Definition:     remember
>
>Additional Notes:
>Opposite of {lIj}.

{qaw} in canon:

   Daqawlu'
   you are remembered (someone/something remembers you) TKD

   Daqawlu'taH
   you are to be remembered TKD

   batlh Daqawlu'taH
   You will be remembered with honor. TKD/ST3

   reH 'uQvam vIqawtaH
   I will remember this dinner forever. PK

   bomDI' 'IwwIj qaqaw
   The memory of you sings in my blood.
   ("When my blood sings, I remember you.") TKW

   vay' DalarghDI' yIqaw
   Remember the scent.
   (i.e. "Learn from your experiences.") TKW

   Qu' DataghDI' 'aqtu' mellota' je yIqaw
   When you begin a mission, remember Aktuh and Mellota. TKW

{qawmoH} "remind" in canon:

   tuQtaHvIS Hem. ghaHvaD quHDaj qawmoH.
   He wears it proudly as a reminder of his heritage. S20

Cf. also the noun {qawHaq} "memory banks, data banks".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level