tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 24 08:51:48 2002

text

This text is for a klingon group in Danmark. They decided to learn klingon, and the captain would like
to show them that this language is really alive. This text is part of their roleplaying game.

Actually, it's pretty hard for a beginner (I told them), but I think it's a nice challenge.

   "I glanced at the Devil and then closed my eyes. While my lids remained shut, I thought about the
reason for shutting them. It was to make sure that my vision had not deceived me. I wanted to calm my
fantasy, to see sober and clear. That I now saw right I could not doubt: as soon as the light hit my
betleH the dreamy stupor which controlled my senses disappeard and startled me at once to life."

I glanced at the Devil and then closed my eyes.
  {veqlargh vIleghDI' nom mInDu'wIj vISoQmoH.}

While my lids remained shut, I thought about the reason for shutting them.
lid = yuvtlhe' = eyelid??
   {SoQtaHvIS mInDu'wIj vISoQmoHmeH meq vIbuS.}

It was to make sure that my vision had not deceived me.
   {mutojbe'pu' mInDu'wIj 'e' vIbej vIneH}
   {mutojbe'bejpu' mInDu'wIj vIneH}

I wanted to calm my fantasy, to see sober and clear.
   {jIleghchu'meH yabwIj vIjotchoHmoH vIneH}

That I now saw right I could not doubt:
   {DaH jIleghchu' 'e' vIHonbe'}

as soon as the light hit my betleH the dreamy stupor which controlled my senses disappeard and startled
me at once to life.
   {betleHwIj wovmoHDI' pemHov, ngab yabwIj SeHwI' 'ej... DaH DIvI' Hol vIyaj 'e' vImev... Do'Ha'.}

qaDvam yItIv!

Quvar.

Back to archive top level