tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 22 22:22:46 2002

Re: To Have and Have Not (was "qel" yIqel )

>>DIch vIghajbe',...

ja' Lawrence:
>The first phrase here raises a red flag for me.
>
>"Have" is one those verbs (like "do" and "make") which so often take on extra
>duty in a language, but by no means all languages. Do we have canonical
>examples of Klingons "possessing" abstractions, or are all canon uses of
>{ghaj} limited to things one could grasp or hold or take ownership of?

TKD's appendix of Useful Klingon Expressions includes the phrase
{pIch vIghajbe'} "It's not my fault."  That's the example which we
used some years ago to completely justify {DIch vIghaj}.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level