tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 08 10:23:39 2002

HoHnISpu' (was RE: Ten Commandments

qon Sangqar:
>Hopefully, the fact that the verbs are the same in both sentences makes it a
>little more clear.

toH. jIyajchoHpu'. mISqu'moHlaHba' poH perbe'bogh Hol 'ach rIntaHghach neH
'angbogh.

I missed a couple years worth of HolQeD's, so maybe I am just lacking some
new information, but I have been seeing *many* instances of copular
constructions (e.g. "X 'oH/ghaH/bIH/chaH [Y'e']", where X and Y are noun
phrases; cf. TKD 6.3) on the listserv without the -'e' on the subject. What
exactly happened while I was gone? Is the -'e' no longer necessary there?

--
Andrew Strader

Back to archive top level