tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 03 15:24:54 2002

Re: how to learn Klingon without books

> I live in Poland and for me learning Klingon has been a VERY expensive
> hobby. Ordering stuff from abroad often means having to pay double
> because postage and packaging can cost a lot.

We all seem to agree on needing at least TKD and KGT.  Two books.  At double
the cost that's around $50 (US).  Yes, that isn't exactly pocket change, but
it's a one-time cost.  But also remember, you're not merely learning a language
of a fiction race.  I learned more english while studying klingon than I did in
all of high-school.  I also learned about the real world which I live in.  This
is an international mail-list.  I could write a whole essay about what I have
learned here compared to what I would have learned if I lounged around at the
local bar with a beer, memorizing who played first-base.

I think it's worth what I paid.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level