tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 03 09:56:04 2002

Re: chay' mu' <jum> vIlo'? - grammar question

> is there a difference between "mI' jum ponglu'" (it's called an odd
> number) and "mI' jumbogh ponglu'" (it's called a number that is odd)?

Actually that should be /jumbogh mI'/.  /mI'/ is the subject to the verb /jum/.

There's not much difference.  Both are valid.

HIvje' Doq HInob  "Give me the red glass"
Doqbogh HIvje' HInob  "Give me the glass which is red"

Some people won't see any difference; some people can discuss the fine
difference in meaning.  They are different just as the two english sentences
are different.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level