tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 01 12:35:09 2002

Re: Ten Commandments

It is my opinion that this commandment tells us  not to make any graven image for what ever purpose .For in so doing you are showing adulation for the thing that you are making even if it is for the beautification of your home or surroundings and not for worship. If you will remember how adam was made in the first place from spit and dirt sounds like a graven image to me, and then life was breathed into him. Maybe God was afraid we might discover the same process. Just a thought. Deghnegh.