tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 01 05:24:28 2002

Re: Ten Commandments

>4. pagh nagh beQ yIchenmoH.
>Dung *QItu'Daq*, bIng yavDaq joq, yav bIng bIQDaq joq, [....]

KJV:
    [...] any graven image, or any likeness of any thing
    is *in heaven* above, or that is in the earth beneath,
    or that is in the water under the earth [...]

It occurred to me that the things which can be found "in heaven above", with
heaven understood as the firmament, include not only various avian lifeforms
but also the sun and the moon, both of which had their worshippers. To me
that's yet another reason to render "heaven" as {chal} rather than {QI'tu'}.

'ISqu'