tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 29 12:07:02 2002

RE: KLBC

Quoting T'Anna Kirk <[email protected]>:

> I thought I had corrected myself.  I knew that.
> Accept the correction I looked at the wrong suffix by
> mistake.

Hold on T'Anna.  The message I was replying to was sent from someone else
(jatyIn).  She was practicing with the sentence I sent you.  You had your
suffixes correct.

My response to your attempt is in another message.

DloraH, BG

> --- TPO <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Your book is good
> > > majQa' paqlIj
> >
> > majQa' is an exclamation.  Exclamations are
> > sentences all their own.
> > You enjoyed the opera.  At the end you shout out
> > majQa'!  "Very good!"
> >
> > The verb "good" or "be good" is QaQ.
> >
> > QaQ paqlIj  "Your book is good."
> >

> > > his pet steals my food
> > > sajDaj niH Sojlij
> >
> > Remember  Object-Verb-Subject
> >
> > Object - the thing that the action is being done to.
> > Verb - the action.
> > Subject - the person (or thing) that is doing the
> > action.
> >
> > Object - "my food" is what the action of stealing is
> > being done to.  Food is
> > Soj (which you did get correct).  The suffix -lIj is
> > "your".  "my" would be
> > the suffix -wIj.  SojwIj "my food".
> >
> > Verb - nIH "steal".  You got that one fine.
> >
> > Subject - SajDaj "his pet".
> >

> > So now, putting them in this order we get:  SojwIj
> > nIH SajDaj.
> >
> > Also, remember those capital letters.
> >

> > DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level