tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 28 19:51:12 2002

[KLBC] I need help with a sentence

Heya again,

I wanted to say "Hopefully you will understand why I denied your request"
in Klingon (to practice), and eventually came with up... this.

Do' qatlh bItlhobta' 'ach jIHeQbe'ta' 'e' Dayaj.

Now this looks so complicated and convulted it's just gotta be wrong. Can
you point out the grammatical errors (I'm especially unsure about where
exactly adjectives go in sentences like this, and also, can I use {qatlh}
like I did?), and perhaps suggest a superior alternative?
Thank you!!

Dum'er

Back to archive top level