tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 26 23:10:47 2002

RE: KLBC: T'Anna/ nu translation

--- "T. J. Harrington" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > visit
> > > >
> > > TRANSLATION (agaain hopefully): cha' jajpu' vo'
> > DaH
> > > Duy such loDHum.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure how to connect hyphenated words, &
> > where
> > > to connect them.  Also, what is the difference
> > between
> > > Duy & 'oSwI?  I found these two words for
> embassy.
> > > Which word would I use, & when would I use them?
> >
> > The words that start with - are suffixes.
> > In English we have suffixes like -s, -es, -ed,
> -ing,
> > etc.
> > "box" plus the suffix -es becomes "boxes"
> >
> > -vo' is a suffix.  It must be attached to a noun.
> > But we will cover that
> > one later; it's not what we wanted here.
> >
> > You used -pu' on jaj.  The suffix -pu' is plural,
> > but it's used for people.
> > tlhIngan = Klingon.  tlhInganpu' = Klingons.  For
> > things that are not people
> > you use the suffix -mey.  raS = table.  raSmey =
> > tables.
> >
> > In TKD you will find an entry for "days from now"
> -
> > leS.
> > cha'leS - two days from now.
> >
> > Duy and 'oSwI' are "emissary".  rIvSo' is
> "embassy".
> > But to your question about multiple words with the
> > same meaning, you can use
> > either one.
> > but - 'a, 'ach
> > yes - HIja', HISlaH
> > emperor - ta', voDleH
> > machinery - jo', mIqta'
> > You can use either word.
> >
> > Now with "days from now" try the sentence again.
> >
>  Oops I looked at the wrong word.  Okay, here goes
> another try.
> :) Translation: cha'leS rIvSo' Such loDHom.
:)I hope I understood you correctly.  I hope this was
:)what you wanted.  Right now I don't think I'm
:)ready for sentences like this yet.  I'll try
:)practicing on long sentences off line, before I send
:)another one via e-mail.