tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 18 18:46:46 2002

RE: [KLBC] some more questions

> > One has been on my mind for quite some time... how do I say "I think about
> > something"? Or "dream about something"? I could use "something causes me
> > think" but that's not quite the same...
>
>There are different ways to handle this depending on the full intended
>meaning.

Ok... but there's no known general grammatical construction to use "think"
(or any other such verb) as "think about"?

Also, another question... how would I say "I forgive you for [something]"?
Ok maybe a bad example since there seems to be no Klingon word for "to
forgive", but it's the grammar I'm interested in...
"I hate you for [something]" is easier, but that's a different case, you
can use -mo' there. But what with "forgive"? If you say "you did something"
'e' "I forgive it", would that be ok? Sorry if this seems a bit irrelevant
since there IS no verb "to forgive", but I'm just trying to get a good feel
for the grammar and explore the language.

 >naj - dream.  Unfortunately this is not glossed as "dream about".
>We do have canon for naj. (PK)
>bInajtaHvIS qeylIS Daghomjaj - "May you encounter Kahless in your dreams."

Again, a clever solution. :) Just like your solution for the 40 qelI'qam
radius issue, I never would have thought of that myself!

muQaHchu'lI'mo' DloraH vItlho'qa'. :) naDev ghojtaHqu' 'ej muyonmoH.

Dum'er

Back to archive top level