tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 18 18:00:13 2002

Re: qa'rol

SuStel:
>>The entry for the /qa'rol/ erroneously stated that it was a really big, black
>>bird, but in fact the black bird is the /notqa'/, and the color of the
>>/qa'rol/ is not mentioned in /HolQeD/.  (I wouldn't be surprised if it were
>>yellow.)

Voragh:

ghunchu'wI' wrote:
>During lunch a couple of days ago, it occurred to me that the Sesame Street
>character "Big Bird" is played by Carroll Spinney.
>I encountered Marc Okrand about an hour after realizing the possible pun.
>My first words to him were "I've met Carroll Spinney."  I don't remember
>his response verbatim, but it was along the lines of "Then you get the joke."

{notqa'} "a large, black bird (nowhere near as large as a {qa'rol}, which
is really big)."

Bingo!  lughbej Okrand: tInqu' 'oH (ghaH?) bo'Degh tIn'e'.

Oh well, so much for my idea that {qa'rolmey} are black, based on a
critical reading of the definition.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons