tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 11 10:31:28 2002

An apology to the list

Hi.

This is Will speaking. charghwI' is taking a break. He'll be back, but in a
somewhat different mode.

charghwI' has a dream about cooperation on the list that he and the list both
fail to live up to and it gets to him sometimes. This time it had been building
for some time and Qov's message, being rather personally addressed to him, but
posted to the list at large, set him off. He's not proud of his behavior and
wants everyone to know he doesn't think Qov is a bad person or anything. It's
just one of those communication things that happens now and then.

Meanwhile, charghwI' is finishing up his diplomatic assignment here and is
currently undergoing a Klingon mind probe to debrief him of all that he has
learned. Likely it will hurt a lot, but hey, he is a Klingon, after all, so he
doesn't mind much. It's just part of the job.

The docs tell me that he'll be just fine when he gets out, except that most
likely, he will forget how to speak Fed Standard. That should keep him out of
most arguments, anyway. He's always hated arguments, though few seem to realize
it. Arguing in English about Klingon has always felt a lot like juggling
tribbles for charghwI'. He just wants to throw them all away, but since they
are already in the air, might as well continue...

So, I'm not sure when he'll resubscribe to the list, but when he does, likely
he will be speaking only Klingon and not involve himself in arguments or
commentary done in other languages. Neither he nor I are now subscribed to the
list.

Back to archive top level