tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 10 02:07:32 2002

Re: Translating into Klingon

voragh:
>Conrad was a Pole, original name Józef Konrad Teodor Korzeniowski.
>(I just picked up a copy of his 1907 novel "The Secret Agent", which
>I'm going to read this weekend.)

I stand corrected.  I had to study "Heart of Darkness" for Literature for a
whole semester in high school, so of course I can't stand Joseph Conrad
anymore!! I'll take Jan Michael Friedman or A.C. Crispin any day.
And you are right about Conrad and Nabokov being exceptions, but the great
thing about exceptions is, paradoxically, that there will always be one.
:)

--DantlhIgh