tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 04 13:44:39 2002

Re: Question

NewDeltaFlyer wrote:
: How would you spell "Flash" and how would it be pronounced?

There's no known word for "flash" but we do have {wov} "be light, be bright":

  SuD 'ej wov
  (it) is SuD and light (a way to refer to a yellowish tinge) KGT

  SuD Dargh 'ej wov
  The tea is SuD and light. KGT

  SuDbogh Dargh 'ej wovbogh
  The tea that is SuD and light. KGT

  wov; ghI'boj Sech rur
  bright as the Torch of G'boj KGT

{wew} "glow":

  No attestations in canon

and {boch} "shine, be shiny":

  boch ghIjraj
  Your nose is shiny. TKD

  reH boch qutluch lo'lu'bogh
  The used kut'luch is always shiny. TKW

  boch; ghIch rur
  shiny as a nose KGT

Depending on what you mean, you could say {wovqu'}, which appears in the
Anthem:

  nI'be' yInmaj 'ach wovqu'
  Our lives burn short and bright.

According to my notes, someone on the mailing list used *{bochqu'} for
"sparkle, twinkle".

Give us the sentence you're tryng to translate and we can help you better:

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level