tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 31 07:27:59 2002

RE: KLBC Translation needed

Tag, Marc!
My name is Scott, but I am on this list as {ngabwI'}. Welcome.
>When you take a look at the way I build sentences it couldn't be to
>difficult to guess: German. I'm from Switzerland, near Basel.

   Your English is just fine for communicating on this board. My family is
from Bremen, so I grew up bilingual (speaking two languages).

>I can introduce myself in tlhIngan Hol, in ten or twenty years, but for now
>english has to be enough. ;)
   Don't let the fact that tlhIngan Hol was designed to be alien scare you.
I bought my Dictionary in 1994, but I only really started studying it three
months ago. After finding this board, and asking what I thought were really
dumb questions, I started to compose entire questions in tlhIngan Hol.
(Although, they were short). It's not a difficult language to learn. There
are no genders and no articles. (Articles are words like "der", "die", and
"das"). Cases (nominative, accusative, genitive, etc.,) are determined by
word order and the verb suffices (more than one suffix). Es ist nicht so
schwer! As one beginner to another, I have one word of advice: "Flashcards".
And the Beginner's Grammarian is very patient. Have fun with this language!
ngabwI'

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 3 months FREE*.
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_stopmorespam_3mf

Back to archive top level