tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 30 21:41:06 2002

beginners can host a qepHom (was Re: Moving)

ja' "Gina Robertson" <[email protected]>:
>of course i'll be there... but how can i host a qepHom when i'm still a
>beginner.

If you can host a Tupperware(tm) party, you can host a qepHom.

A qepHom host does not have to be an expert or a teacher.  He or she just
has to be willing to set up a time and place for folks to meet, and to
promote the meeting.  The purpose of a qepHom is to bring together people
who have an interest in Klingon language, and to provide a forum for them
to help each other learn and practice.

Gina, you have the advantage of a longtime speaker of Klingon, less than a
two hour drive away, who has expressed a willingness to attend a qepHom if
you hold one, and who actually *has* driven twice as far as that to a
qepHom in the past.  Don't ignore such an opportunity.  (If the timing were
right, I too would try to attend.  I don't have a problem making "day
trips" to northern Chicago, and Pewaukee is "only" a little further up
I-94...)

--
  Alan Anderson, professional programmer and amateur Klingonist
      qepHom coordinator for the Klingon Language Institute

Back to archive top level