tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 27 10:50:47 2002

Re: "Turning the other cheek"

Kha'Lar Vestai-Wardach (Karen Wood) requests:

>Can you or anyone else you know of translate "Turning the other cheek only
>results in getting bruises on both sides of your face" into Klingon for me?

Hmm... there's no word for "bruise", but how about one of these:

   latlh qevpob Datlhe'moHchugh,  qablIj cha' Dopmey qIplu'.
   If you turn the other cheek, the two sides of your face will be hit.

   latlh qevpob Datlhe'moHchugh,  rIQ neH qablIj cha' Dopmey.
   If you turn the other cheek, the two sides of your face will only be
injured.

   latlh qevpob Datlhe'moHchugh,  rIQchoH neH qablIj cha' Dopmey.
   If you turn the other cheek, the two sides of your face will only become
injured.

   latlh qevpob Datlhe'moHchugh,  qablIj cha' Dopmey qIplaH neH jaghlI'.
   If you turn the other cheek, your enemy will only be able to hit the two
sides of your face.

I'm assuming that {tlhe'} "turn" is intransitive, like {jIr} vs. {jIrmoH}
in KGT.

I'm sure others will suggest their own versions.

--
Voragh                            "Damage control is easy. Reading
Klingon--that's

Back to archive top level