tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 20 21:54:39 2002

HayQu' updated

gItlh voragh

>Reverse the order of the nouns - "war drums" is {veS DIr 'In(mey)}, i.e.
>"war's drum(s)".  If it's easier, remember that the more general noun of
>the two is last:  Just as a {DIr 'In} is a specific kind of {'In}
>"percussion instrument" made of {DIr} "skin", a  {veS DIr 'In} is a
>specific kind of {DIr 'In} "drum" used in war {veS}.

>>I will publish it here when I finish it.
>
>Please do.

Here is the corrected version from the last one, in light of these
suggestions.

moghoSmoH veS 'In
SuvmeH jIH moghoSchoHmoH
jISuvnIS lupoQ

I think that {veS 'In} is appropriate, because it could be any percussion
instrument used to inspire a {batlh SuvwI'} and scare one's
{jaghmey}/{jaghpu'}.
BTW yes I am aware of the {Qaghqoq} in the last sentence, but they ARE one's
enemies.
Any further suggestions for the poem would be appreciated.

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_advancedjmf_3mf

Back to archive top level