tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 20 14:33:10 2002

RE: KBLC

ngabwI':
> > tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaHvIS "I will dream of you" vIjatlh
> > vIneH.  mu'tlheghvam vIchenmoHlaH neH:
> >
> >     <<nItebHa' mataH jIH SoH je DaHram 'e' vInaj>>
> >     "You and I are together. I will dream it tonight."

pagh:
>I won't analyze your grammar (that's the BG's job), but I will provide my
>own suggestions:
>     jInajtaHvIS qaqaw.
>     jInajtaHvIS matay'.
>     jInajtaHvIS mutlhej qa'lI'.
>If you want to be specific about tonight, add <DaHjaj ram> or maybe <ramvam>
>to the beginning.

An example from canon to consider in the meantime:

    bInajtaHvIS qeylIS Daghomjaj.
    May you encounter Kahless in your dreams! PK

This can be translated more colloquially as "May you dream of meeting Kahless!"

All of these are work-arounds for the fact that the verb {naj} "dream"
seems to be intransitive - i.e. it does not take an object.

--
Voragh                            "Damage control is easy. Reading
Klingon--that's

Back to archive top level