tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 18 07:50:12 2002

Re: KLBC

> >How does one say "How does one say 'x' in Klingon" ?
> I don't know.
> I usually rephrase that into s.th. like "How is this translated?", or
> "which word do klingons use for..."

Both of those would work.  We could also use, "while using/speaking klingon,
how does one say ..."

> >Finally, I would like to ask a possibly embarrassing question involving the
> >verb {nga'chuq} (tastefully phrased, of course), but I do not wish to
> >violate any content rules. It involves whether or not one could attach
> >another Type 1 verb suffix to the root, and would it mean what I think
> >it would mean?
>
> You ask for *nga'chuq'egh*? This seems to violate the rules.
> We don't know for sure what the word *nga'* could mean, but maybe'
> *nga''egh* could mean what you think it
> would mean? (someone has talked about this lately on the list, but I
> don't remember the topic)

You could work with the full root verb ngagh - mate with.
We have canon from PK:
 Go mate with your targ!  -  targhlIj yIngagh yIruch

DloraH

Back to archive top level