tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 17 17:17:24 2002

KLBC

I hope I got that subject line right this time.

OK, more questions:

   {'oy' Qay'wI'wIj}
    "My pinkie hurts" ?
    This sounds like an idiom. "I am insulted" ? Perhaps, "My feelings are
hurt" ? (The latter strikes me as unlikely, given that Klingons are NOT the
"touchy-feely" type.) The former fits the context of where I saw it (QQ
02/02), but I would like a confirmation, and location in canon, if possible
(I cannot find it in KGT).

Back to the {tlhob}/{ghel} thing. While listed as verbs, can either of these
be used as a noun? Or can {yu'} be used as a noun? Or would I have to use
{-ghach}?

And while we're at it, can {-ghach} be used to nominalize ANY verb? Or just
ones that have suffices and no noun counterpart?

How does one say "How does one say 'x' in Klingon" ?
In German, for instance, it's "Wie sagt mann 'x' auf Deutsch?"
Is there an equivalent phrase in tlhIngan Hol?

Finally, I would like to ask a possibly embarrassing question involving the
verb {nga'chuq} (tastefully phrased, of course), but I do not wish to
violate any content rules. It involves whether or not one could attach
another Type 1 verb suffix to the root, and would it mean what I think it
would mean? If I offend, my deepest apologies, but I don't know of anywhere
else to ask.

I think that's it for now. Sorry for the long post

ngabwI'